Monday, March 16, 2009

Discipline Writing

I am posting today because I'm supposed to. I don't know of anything in particular that I need to say, but perhaps in the writing, something will come to me... ... ... ...


Oh, here's something! I've been thinking lately about the way I feel about certain culturally divisive issues. As I've come closer to a spiritual road that can lead me to be who I want to be, I've been compelled to revisit some things. Truthfully, most of my positions are in complete agreement with my religious path. I have found it true, however, that even though I come down on the same side of most things as I always have, I do so for different reasons. More and more, I find my conscience informing my politics, rather than the other way around. I've felt really empowered lately by how freeing an experience it is to find that I actually believe what I've said that I believe or conversely to be able to say, "No, ya know what? I was wrong about that. Maybe I was even wrong about that all along. " I'm pretty sure this is what they mean by thinking for oneself.

By the way, the word "dogmatic" is over- and misused today.

No comments:

Post a Comment